TSCA-Puget Sound Chapter
2019 Annual Meeting Minutes
Location: Mystery Bay State Park, 7875 Flagler Rd, Nordland, WA 98358
Date: September 21, 2018
Called to order at: 12:46 pm by President Claire Acord
Present: Claire Acord, John Acord, Denis Wang, Joel Bergen, Cindy Bergen, Simeon Baldwin, Pami-Sue Alvarado, Ricki-Ellen Brooke, Tim Lemon, Chelcie Liu, Kathy Liu, Scott Marckx, Emaliano Marino, Rick Mobray, Kees Prins, Martin Schneider, Bob Triggs, Allan Woodbury, Glenn Woodbury, Peter Guerrero, Kirk Gresham, Lynn Watson, Jim Tolpin (and spouse), Bob Miller, Danny Grunbaum, Galen Piehl, Jane and Nigel Dickens.
TSCA-PS Ending Balance as of 9-21-2019: $254.50
Income for year was $171.00
Expenses for the year were $380.52
- Form Chapter Facebook Page? Benefit: tie-in with Salish 100 Facebook, facilitate inter-chapter communication. Disadvantages? Need volunteer to run it. E-mail Claire if interested.
- Looking for members interested in "green boating" to join working group now being formed.
Interested parties contact Claire or Denis.
- West Coast Small Boat Organizations brochure. Members are asked try and place in appropriate venues. Ask Claire for some to share.
- Messabout schedule for 2020:
- April 25 - Oyster Messabout - Possibly at Fort Flagler (picnic shelter available). Randy
Jones organizer. Helpers needed. Contact Randy Jones to volunteer.
- Late Fall, date TBA - Celebration of the opening of the Marrowstone Bridge at Indian
Island County Park/Portage Beach. Volunteer for organizer contact Claire.
Election of officers (Chelcie Liu)
- President: Claire Acord
- Vice President: Denis Wang
- Secretary: Joel Bergen
- Treasurer: Simeon Baldwin
Call for new business from the floor:
Changes to new boat launch ar Fort Worden State Park:
- The existing ramp and pier needs to be replaced because of creosote and end of lifespan.
- There has been very vocal opposition to any boat launch.
- There will be a meeting October 2nd at Fort Townsend State Park. There will be no presentation or discussion but they will accept feedback in writing. We should submit something in writing from our organization.
- Issues that have been raised:
- No parking -- There is a huge concrete area that could be used for parking
- They need to hear from a large number of people that there is a need for a small-boat
ramp. Emphasize that our boats are small boats without keels and are "green"" (no
- Enforcement of parking and launching rules could be managed by Parks dept through
legislation rather than physically modifying the boat launch. This would be more
- Puget Sount Anglers should get involved.
Meeting adjourned 12:04 pm
21 September 2019
Back to top